What you will find in this article:
- Common questions from Part1,2 and 3 of speaking test.
- Collocations, words and phrases that will help you to talk about health and healthcare.
- How other people tell stories related to health and its role in our life.
- Links to useful materials which you can use to read articles, and listen podcasts about health and healthcare.
- Vocabulary from sub-topics and related areas such as: ways to stay healthy, healthy diet and lifestyle, deseases.
Part 1 Sample Questions
- In what ways do you try to stay healthy?
- Is it easy to keep fit where you live?
- What part of your lifestyle would you most like to make healthier?
- Are you careful about what you eat?
- How important is a healthy lifestyle for you?
- Do you eat much junk food?
Part 2 Sample Question: Cue Card
Describe a time when you were ill. You should say:
- when this was
- what your symptoms were
- how long the illness lasted
and say how it affected your life at the time.
Part 3 Sample Questions
- How is healthcare promoted in your country?
- What is the role of the government in promoting healthcare?
- What more do you think could be done to promote healthy living in your country?
- How can individuals take more responsibility for their own health?
Reading: Health Vocabulary Found on QUORA | What is The Best Way To Stay Healthy?
- physical health
- mental health
- 20 mins walk
- jog every day
- its tiring in the beginning to jog daily
- burning calories
- intense workout
- to limit your “processed sugar” intake
- limit your carbs intake
- healthy diet
- I have never felt so fit and happy before
- It really changed my life
- the key to a good healthy life
- The best way to stay physically healthy
- …keep you physically healthy
- foods that have not been processed
- staying active
- hit the gym every day
- doing some activity or exercise regiment
- do home exercise
- losing weight
- I eat healthy food
- I exercise regularly
- this week I have been to the gym 4 times
- I cycle in more clement weather
- diet and nutrition hacks
- Hold yourself accountable
- Move as much as possible in your everyday life
- Walk instead of taking the car/bus/subway
- Take the stairs instead of taking the escalator or elevator
Reading: Health Vocabulary Found on QUORA | How Can I Stop Eating Junk Food After 8 PM?
- substitute healthier foods
- passive activities
- active hobbies
- to move away from junk food over time
- lower in calories
- much better for you
- preserved meats
- to escape processed carbs
- …have potential health issues
- eat something healthier
- better alternatives
- nutritionally balanced dinner
- to break “snaking” habit
- replace them with foods…
- healthy habit
- another thing that can be helpful
- a way to enjoy life and live healthy
- home cooked balanced diet
- drink loads of water
- eating late at night
- difficult to digest
- mentally feel down
- consuming less food
- I got addicted to junk food
- do exercise and drink water
Reading: Health Vocabulary Found on QUORA | What Are Symptoms Of Swine Flu?
- get sick
- sore throat
- stuffy or runny nose
- body aches
- seasonal flue
- serious complications
Reading: Health Vocabulary Found on QUORA |Why Does Modern Healthcare Primarily Focus on Treating Disease Instead Of Promoting Health?
- lose weight
- stop smoking
- wear seat belts
- practice safe sex
- eat a low fat diet
- modern health care
- medical industry
- disease prevention
- drug industry
- maintaining health
- preventing disease
- early diagnosis and treatment
Reading: Health Vocabulary Found on QUORA
- it is always your job to do what is best for you
- everything is up to the individual
- can cure all their ills without help
- people have smoked for years
- hospitals have a better knowledge that people
- to provide better care for everyone
- healthcare insurance
- emergency room
- poor health
- each citizen has a personal responsibility for their own health
- government should help its citizens in this regard
- educate its citizens to motivate them to care for their own health
- provide the infrastructure
- access to proper nutrition
- access to recreation
- nobody can do that for you
- government does have a responsibility to watch out for our health
- a healthy society
- to do its best to…
- framework of support
- general health
- lifestyle-related diseases
- manage symptoms
- managing the general environment
- play an important part in someone’s health
- I see the individuals as being the one in charge with his well-being
Podcast: Health Vocabulary |
Health, Feeling ill – Phrasal Verbs & Expressions
Podcast: Health Care Vocabulary |
Health Care in Australia
- medical treatment
- get sick
- get injured
- quality health care
- feel sick
- to see a doctor
- medical practice
- get treatment
- special medical staff
- to visit a doctor
- prescribe medicines
- my doctor referred me to…
- to go to hospital
- emergency cases